Here comes CRAIG MORGAN being a hero again. Back in 2011 he rescued two young boys from a house fire. This time around he helped emergency responders handle a freeway accident.
It happened Sunday on Interstate 40 about 30 miles from his home in Dickson, Tennessee. He was returning from a show in Texas when he came upon an accident involving three tractor trailers.Craig and two of his crew members jumped off the bus and ran to the scene. He performed CPR on crash victims, and then helped extinguish a small fire.
Here's the local sheriff giving him big props: Quote, "[Craig] responded and did exactly what he had been taught to do and was a huge help. This is just another example of the kind of guy he is, he loves doing things for others." By the way . . . those involved in the accident had only minor injuries.
Monday, June 10, 2013
You’ve probably noticed my absence over the
last several weeks. Although I’m really not ready to fully reveal what’s going on with me, it’s become apparent I need to at least give folks an idea about what I’ve been doing.
On April 22nd, I was diagnosed with a very serious medical condition. After more tests confirmed the initial diagnosis, I scheduled major surgery to address the illness. My surgery took place on May 23rd and doctors say it was a complete success. However I do have more post-surgical treatment ahead, which has yet to be determined.
I know this is all a bit vague, but I really wasn’t prepared to talk about this right now. I had hoped to have more facts about my treatment and my definite dates for returning to both WJHG’s evening newscasts with Neysa, Chris and Scott, as well as WPAP’s Morning Show with Shane Collins. But my co-workers have had to continually answer questions without the benefit of really knowing all the facts.
I can’t thank them enough for their support.
I can’t thank all of you enough for your prayers and well-wishes.
They’ve meant a lot and I’m sure they helped speed my recovery. I also promise full accounting for the last several weeks as soon as I return to work. It’s always been an honor and a privilege to serve the people of Northwest Florida and I’m anxious to get back to it as soon as possible. Thank you all again.
SOY SAUCE OVERDOSE PUTS TEEN IN COMA _ The world needs a public service campaign to discourage kids from eating or drinking things on dares. It almost never ends well. A teenager in Virginia recently drank an entire quart of soy sauce on a dare, and the excess of salt in his body put him in a coma and nearly killed him. An excess of salt in the blood — a condition called hypernatremia — is dangerous because the salt sucks water out of the brain and body tissues and into the blood, which causes the brain to shrink and bleed.
... The boy’s friends took him to the emergency room when he started having seizures, and doctors flooded his body with a water and sugar mixture. After about five hours his sodium levels returned to normal, but he remained in a coma for three days. For several days after he woke up, he was still showing residual effects on his brain from the seizures. But after a month doctors said he made a full recovery.